Tuesday, July 22, 2008

My Heart is Racing

My pulse rises each day we get closer to our trip to Tanzania, Africa. I am looking at the picture of Mark (used to be Rashiki; his Muslim name) being baptized and I think, "I can't wait to see him." I think of the friends we'll be seeing at Haven of Peace Christian Church; Alphonce and Esther, David, Grayson, and so many more. I think about Juzer, Nafissa and their girls and wonder if they are still singing the Christian songs we taught them. My heart begins to beat stronger as I think of the missionaries; Don and Rochelle and Billy and Leah and how they have devoted their lives to sharing Jesus with people so far away from us and the "comforts of home." I know we'll only be there a couple of weeks, but God doesn't need much time to do some fantastic things through His people. I am so excited to share two or three weeks of my life with my Christian brothers and sisters trying to make a difference in people lives who may never have heard of Jesus. Wow. What a blessing.

No comments: