Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Sunday at the Indian Ocean

Sunday was so amazing. Worship in Tanzania is ALWAYS impressive with all of their music, rhythm and obvious love for the LORD…and us! Midway into our service a bus pulled in and unloaded a Masai tribe. The ladies were dressed in beautiful outfits with large dangling earrings and lots of bangles around their ankles. Leading them into the worships service was the tribal leader, a very large man! After service we all loaded into taxis and vehicles to head to the ocean. A few weeks ago, Matthew, pastor to the Masai had preached to them about salvation. Being in the bush, with no available water, they were unable to be baptized. Arrangements were made for their journey – “safari” to Dar for their baptisms. Once we reached the ocean, we witnessed 30 Masai tribesmen and women commit their lives to the Lord. The tribal leader was the first…it was truly a gift from God for us to experience their baptisms. As many of you know, Bob was so honored in 2006 to baptize Mark (formerly Rashidi). God truly gives us more than we could ask or imagine! By the way, Mark is currently our project manager (a VERY rough terminology) for our work projects.

2 comments:

Janelle said...

I'm so thankful for yall's safe arrival. I'm looking forward to hearing about the projects yall get to work on and will be praying. Tell my dad (Neal Huffman) I said hi!

Janelle Huffman

DeeDee said...

I am thrilled to hear that you are all there, safe, and what an incredible adventure God has placed in front of you! I can see in my mind, everything you described and it is AWESOME!! I praise God for placing you there to do his incredible work! I look forward to your blog entries and are keeping you in my prayers. We love and miss you..give hugs to all! love, DeeDee Morgan