Friday, August 8, 2008

From Mary Pat

I know it’s been many days since I wrote on the blog so I will try to catch up on all I have experienced. It’s Thursday 7th and part of our team are leaving to go home. It will be very hard when it’s my time to go. Since the last time I have been on a Safari! We stayed at a hotel that did not have heat and let me tell you it’s really cold b/c we are about 7000 ft. The hotel had two very very very good things going for it 1) The beds were very nice, we’ve been sleeping on wooden slates and our air mattress 2) HOT WATER!!!!!! I’ve got to tell you hot water is something I will not take for granted anymore. Actually I not going to take a lot of things for granted anymore. Anyway back on subject, the Safari was so awesome. We saw all kinds of animals but my favorite was the lions eating their kill of zebra. My second was the elephant. It was an older one and they leave the pack when they are older to go off and die. It was worth the cold for sure. We also had buffalo in the courtyard of the hotel at night, can’t get that back home.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

glad to hear ya'll are doing well! we are back and it feels so good to be on american soil! :) hope ya'll have a wonderful rest of your week!! enjoy everything!

john said...

Have you had any news from our mountian climbers? I've checked the weather and it looks like its COLD up there. How are the rest of you spending your time?

John

Connect Christian Church said...

John - Bob has had trouble communicating with his phone but our tour operator called and said that they were doing well. We went on another safari with our tour operator on Saturday along with the missionaries here in Arusha. Tomorrow we are going on an overnight trip at the base of one of the Kili trails. I'm sure he will fill us in on more of the details of the team. We plan to shop on Wednesday and they will be home Wednesday afternoon/evening. This is such an awesome place - love it and its people even more than 2006. God is doing some amazing things! See you next week - Cheri

Anonymous said...

Hi MP,
Cold water...hot water...not much difference, but can you promise me you will take a good hot shower before coming home?

Can't wait to see the pics you have of the safari.

So while the rest of the group is climbing the mountain, what will you ladies be doing?

Me and the girls just got to Barb's house. We will be here till thursday afternoon. We will be hanging with them tonight, having supper with your Dad at his place Tuesday night, and lunch at Stevens and Stevens on Thursday. I know that this is a reserved event for you and your Dad only, but he approved me as a stand in for you, and the girls agreed.

We had a great time at Pat's house with his Philly Cheese-steak supper, and the girls made a couple of cakes for dessert. We left Pat's house around 9:30. His house really looks good, and the the deck is three-side and is HUGE!

I will let you go. Enjoy every precious moment of your stay sweetheart. We are feeling the miss for you in this 3rd week.

Love ya!

D<><

Anonymous said...

MARY PAT WITH THE HELP OF YOUR FAMILY I LOVE YOU AND WILL SAY GOOD NIGHT AND GOD BLESS
DAD