Saturday, August 16, 2008

remembrances and goodbyes from Daryl

Wow, three weeks seems like such a long time when coming over, yet it went by so fast. What a trip we have had. We have been able to receive so many blessings from the people and church of Haven of Peace in Dar Es Salaam, we have learned so much from the DeLaughters and what the mission field is like and let's not even talk about that climb up Kilimanjaro. What an experience it has all been. Here we are all packed and ready to go, wrapping up as a team for the last time and back home to our families. Let me say a SPECIAL Thanks to my beautiful wife for allowing me to go and my awesome kids for being big helpers to Mommy while I was away. I love each of you so much (Paula, Nickolas and Miranda) you guys are my world. If anyone out there has never been on any type of mission trip, local or otherwise, I truly encourage you to go as soon as you can, it really helps open your eyes to what God is doing in this world. Thanks so much to Bob and Cheri Wallace for putting this together, it takes large amounts of work and they were dedicated to pull this off. The team did a great job of working together to make it happen. Pray for a safe return and we will see you soon.

On a side note, Byron, Dad wants you to know that after that post you made with the remarks about him, he is writing you out of his will. Neal and I are his favorites now. Just wanted to let you know. Bob Wallace is now working on him to take your place.

No comments: