Saturday, August 2, 2008

"Reflections from our team" - Saturday

Lindsey Huffman wrote:
ERIC! I’m so sorry I didn’t include you in my posts. I didn’t know you had the address to the blog site. But I DEFINITELY love and miss you too! If it makes you feel any better, you are the first person I bought a present for!! 
It’s chilly here in Arusha! Who would have thought that Africa ever got cold? It’s very overcast and kind of misty this morning. We got to eat omelets this morning which was quite a treat compared to having chewy toast every morning. Our sleeping arrangements are VERY different to the situation we had in Dar es Salaam. Our rooms are equipped with mosquito nets draped over the beds, and the bed consists of a wooden frame with a thin piece of foam for the mattress. I think we all had quite a difficult time sleeping last night. The walls are quite thin so even the slightest bit of noise echoes throughout the compound. I’m looking forward to my warm, cozy bed back home! The Kilimanjaro hiker team is headed to work out some last minute details right now, and then we are off to the baby orphanage after that. I miss and love you Mom, Dad, Grant and ERIC!!

From Bob and Cheri
What a great time we are having. This is such an amazing place! We thought it was fantastic in 2006 and it is even better in 2008. Today we went to Mama Lynn's nursery orphanage. She does amazing work there with all the children. Her testimony was so impressive.

We love you family...I pray you got home from Guatemala, Scott and Sophie. Juli, we hope you did okay by yourself this week, we have been praying for you. Aaron, we're sure you had a GREAT time on your mission trip. Eli, Lucy and Lily, we held some babies today and missed you so much. We can't wait to spend time with all of you. Extended family...thanks for all your prayers - we love you all and miss you!! Church family...keep praying for us - we can't wait to share our experiences with you all! Love, Bob and Cheri

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lindsey - Mom had a great idea while you've been gone. We sold your bed and have turned your room into a workout room. It's really nice with all the equipment in there. We've even tried to get Lexie onto the treadmill in order to shed a few pounds. :-) Lexie misses you, needs a bath, and you know what else !! I couldn't interest Grant in that fun activity. Says he loves you a lot but not Lexie that much (ha). Hope all is well. I mowed the yard today. My how I have not missed that activity. Nothing but 100 + temps since you left. Enjoy cool weather if you can get it. Love you lots - Dad.

Anonymous said...

Lindsey,
Your dad's right - enjoy the cool weather there! The high today over here was 104! It was quite a scorcher. Pretty much every day has been. I love you and I am continuing to pray for you!!
Love, Grant

Triple T said...

Bob and Cheri~

Thanks for sending me a hyperlink to your blog! I will be reading it! I'm so glad you are doing great and that you're back in Tanzania! May God bless your team and use you in big ways!

john said...

Well, another Sunday has come and gone with respect to this trip. Trust all is well and that you all are taking good care of Deanna! Please let her know I've Fed-Xed her dogs to the base camp. She will see them there. Love John

john said...

It is now August 4 and I haven't seen any blogging from any of you the last day or so. We love information from abroad. Someone named Mike Wood has shown up claiming to be the preacher at CCC--told him we hadn't had one in well over a month. Good thing I'm not there I think I may be coming down with the diareha--may just be the sugar free candy I've eaten and I may just have the ibs. Could have caught them from Jennifer--don't know though; its just a gas.. er ah guess. Sorry about splat---that! Anyhow, its hot here. I'm heading to a county comission meeting--pray for me. BTW Deanna, Mayor Padgett asked about you because his wife made him. Told him I hadn't heard much more than a couple of lines and something about you looking for your dogs over there. Hope they have arrived safely....well, ok, just hope they arrived. I've said more than I expected to and more than I should have I'm sure. Hope you enjoy your stay in Aruba. Love to all. John

Anonymous said...

aww mommy i'm so sorry!!! i didn't know we could contact you!!! i sent you a message(actually 3) on facebook. but i've read everything you sent us the day it was sent. i check the blog every day!!! i pray for yours and the rest of the team's safety everyday. i miss you so terribly much and of course i dont mind that you adopted 3 boys!! i'm so glad that God is touching you and using you to touch others. i miss you so much!!! i have a special surprise for you when you get home...you're going to love it!!! dont worry about the facebook email that is about the internet...dad fixed it. but speaking of dad...take a look at the other email i sent you- it's about breaking dawn. i miss your embrace and your smile so much mommy! i'm so happy that you're serving God. i've gotten every one of your cards and i LOVE them!! i LOVE LOVE LOVE them!! i cried on the one with the dandilion! i'm sorry about not contacting you...i didnt know we could so i just sent it through facebook. i love you mommy. God bless,
your big helper,
Carson

Anonymous said...

Hey Mary, Carson just told me that we have a way to respond back to you...my bad..I did not know that....sorry sweetheart (make sure Darryl does not think I am calling him sweetheart!) I love reading your blogs, I can really seee your heart being touched, and God doing the touching! I cannot wait till you return to hear all of the experiences, but don't rush home,because you have plenty of "heart-time" still left to experience. The girls are working very hard in preparing the house for the Ky trip, and they are being good angels. We have 3 good size watermelons in the garden that someone else in the neighborhood will have to enjoy while we are gone. Driving back and forth to raleigh every day is interesting, I will be glad when the initial part of the project work is done. Pat called and said he is having a cheesesteak get together at his house this saturday evening, I will be sure to eat one for you, and give your dad a kiss. Did i tell you that one of my crowns borke again? I am seeing the dentist tomorrow afternoon before we leave on vacation, good thing he has warranty on my mouth! Time to say so-long and sweet dreams (It's 2:40 am in your neck of the world) Don't forget to meet in our dreams, but maybe we can't do that, cause when I am dreaming you are working, and vice versa. I know how to do it...leave me a note in a dresser drawer there, and I will open the drawer the next day, and maybe it will have time wrped to me. I Love you Doll, and i Love seeing your heart in your words!D<><

Unknown said...

Hey Mary Pat, I have just figured this thing called technology out - not easy. I just talked to David and we got it figured out. It sounds like you are really spreading God's love in Tanzania - I know that the people there are welcoming you into their lives - keep up the good work - I am really proud of you. Our new baby is ready to come into the world next Tuesday - I think they have settled on Pearson Davis. With Paxton and Pearson, I guess they will have two p's in a pod. Love you and stay safe. Let me know if you don't get this - haha

Jan said...

Hey all! Thanks for being such excellent bloggers. We have been enjoying your reflections about Tanzania! We're praying for your the rest of your time and that you will be seeing more and more of God's handiwork!